Dan Hirshon - Film Editor

Friday, April 27, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and I'm an Idiot

Yesterday I watched "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" for the first time in my life so that people would stop telling me that I'm deprived for never seeing it. "You've never seen The Good, The Bad, and Ugly? I'll bet you haven't seen 'Fast Times at Ridgemont High' or 'Gremlins 2.' Who raised you? What kind of film major are you? Why am I still talking to you?"

Despite the fact that it was blatantly obvious from the beginning of the movie, I didn't realize that Clint Eastwood's partner was "the Ugly" until about two thirds of the way into the movie. I figured there were two different tan characters with a lot of facial hair who shot people. Most of the movie I was thinking, "This is a good movie. They've established the good and the bad…but when does the ugly show up?"

I did the same thing with Nirvana. A couple years ago I saw an old concert of theirs on MTV and I thought it was live. I told my friend, "Man, the new lead singer for Nirvana looks just like Kurt Cobain. And he sounds like him too. I wonder how they found someone so similar."

Can you disown yourself?

No comments:

 
© 2013 Dan Hirshon | mail@danhirshon.com