Dan Hirshon - Film Editor

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mono and a Movie

So I'm pretty sure I have mono again, although on the plus side I think I can blame it on a girl this time. Things are going well for this guy, or were going well before I became a shut-in for the next month and a half.


Having mono is like being too tired to come up with a simile. First your throat hurts, then you give up on the simile.


I've been watching a lot of movies. Here are some quick reviews followed by what I actually thought of them:



Smoking Aces – If you like watching a ton of famous actors join together to make a sometimes incomprehensible film, then watch smoking aces. Also, there was a lot of killing. Now available for free on the internet. (Good)



Punchline – It was almost as bad as the first time I watched it, except this time I felt sick for other reasons. (Bad)



Lucky Number Slevin – Morgan Freeman plays a calm, black man. Ben Kingsley plays a calm, Jew. Can life get better? How bout you add Lucy Lui playing the part of a sexy Asian, Josh Hartnett playing the part of a clueless white boy, and Bruce Willis playing an action hero. Never have so many already established characters come together to make one movie. I give it one ear infection and a sleepless night (really good).



Semi-Pro – A lot of people were afraid this would just be another movie where Will Ferrell acts ridiculous and yells a lot. Lucky for me, I was hoping for that, and it delivered. I give it a thumb up (I ran out of mono references) (good).



In Bruges – You might not have heard much about this one, but if you like Colin Ferrell getting shot, then this might be the movie for you. I'm not going to give away the ending, but lets just say it rhymes with "bollin barrell gets shot." It's funny, poignant, and intense, kind of like Semi-Pro, except nope (really good).



Sid and Nancy – It's wierd watching a movie about heroin junkies who go out of their minds and wind up dead, when you're alone in your room, dizzy, aching, and wishing you were on drugs, but at the same time I really liked Gary Oldman in The Professional and have decided to like him in every other film he's ever made (good).



Lars and the Real Girl – Guess who's even more awkward around women than I am? It's not nobody silly. It's Lars, and he has a new girlfriend, a plastic doll. When my brother told me about this I didn't think it would be good. Then it was good. Don't worry, I still don't trust my brother, but you should. He makes inexpensive and efficient websites. Give him a call if you're interested (really good, but not as good as my brother's websites).



In addition to watching movies, I've also been moaning and standing up to moan. Not sure which I like more.



Clearly I'm bored right now so let me know how you're doing.

Also, enjoyed this:

No comments:

 
© 2013 Dan Hirshon | mail@danhirshon.com